Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Paranorman : Movie Review


I have been to Nuffnang's screenings before, the first time being P.O.T.C.
And many other times were friends' who somehow always have tickets (I honestly don't know how they get it O_O) and I just freeload in together *heh*

but this is the FIRST time I personally won it from Nuffnang :D *wheee*
(or should I say Nuffnang gave me a chance to watch? haha Thank you~)
Ah pek made me worry during collection time cause I have never collected the tickets before. In the past, friends will just pass the ticket to me once I reach. I also recall waiting at the entrance door like...15 minutes before the movie starts?? Just to rush in FAST in order to get good seats. Now it feels so civilized. HAHAHA :D
3D is not necessary other than feeling "cool" wearing the new 3D glasses
ParaNorman made my night! Storyline was a lil' predictable and towards the ending was like a sudden rush into the storyline (children's movie ma! but what's with the PG13? Maybe PG6 la)
but the jokes made me entertained throughout. I loved the colours used too. Similar to reading a children's illustration book with slight pop-ups. haha :D and though so, still got frightened at certain parts mehhhhh

Honestly, it was a great improvement from Coraline, a bit more appealing to the public no? 
(esp. love the character designs this time around) and overall, I preferred this over Brave. *shrugs*

Qn to win the tix was :
"giving your wittiest speech to a very hungry zombie on the verge of swallowing you whole! Use your skills of persuasion & wit to avoid being zombie meal."
Both of us submitted for this but we were arguing on whose answer was the winning one.

MINE RIGHT?!!:D

7 comments:

  1. eh, congrats on the winning!
    Didn't even try at any of the movies, thought that it was too hard to win. :P

    I like ah pek's comment!
    "I am Justin Bieber" xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahahaha. ahpek's " i am justin bieber "
    lol. i choked drinking water. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. The winning answer should be the one who got the email lah.. Haha!
    So you where there too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice, always read you bloggers get free ticket to watch movies! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ras: trytry one of their contest! maybe you will win, who knows:)


    cheryl chan
    mochirou
    : i don't know how hard isit to win cause 1st time also but can try ba and THAT FUNNY MEH!!?? *maybe i got sesat sense of humour*

    Ken Wooi: hahah cus our blogs are under one account. thus one email :P yeap! I only saw Kianfai!~


    Hayley: lucky only this time~ hopefully will have more chances :D

    ReplyDelete