Tuesday, November 20, 2012

10 minute "door opener" job

The other day, I was *requested* to wear a saree (or is it spelled as sari?) for my family's lawyer's birthday + pre-Deepavali dinner. Although I was realllllyyy reluctant to wear it (I can't accept the fact that my round tummy is being shown to the world leh! But other than that, saree is nice to wear!) must give face to birthday girl woman and also cause I wanna make my saree worth. Calculative level 10. *laughs* 

The moment I walked in, everyone's eyes was on me...cause I was the only one in a saree ...and I am Chinese-_-! At that point I did not know what to feel. Wanted to hide but arh T_T how to hide??....why the heck is my saree maroon somemore!?-_-!! Why was I super punctual that day!? *stabs self*

In the end, decided to stand near the main door of  Gem Restaurant (which I totally recommend cause it was Yummies!) Actually now that I blog bout this...why did I not ask if there was a reservation under the birthday girl's name? -_- At least could have sat down ah!! *faints*
Automatically opens door for every customer walking in...hahahaha! Actually what is the position of this job? Bellboy? Hmm..
Won't you all open the door too if you were standing near it? Manners right?! The standard "Malaysian usually late for 10 minutes" really felt forever T_T Thankfully it was just 10 minutes, after that the gang walked in with sarees and I immediately blended in ~

We took many sakai photos.
I think we were the loudest, noisiest bunch in the restaurant O_O
and yes, 70% of our table guests are Chinese. *laughs*

6 comments:

  1. Must be really awkward when first realized you were the only one wearing the saree. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very....hahaha wanna dig hole and jump inside that kind of feeling!

      Delete
  2. errr if it's me, i wouldn't open the door for people le...you think what foc doorbell ar :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T_T okayla...so the few customers that I open the door for, maybe fr that split second will feel like VIP haha

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't purposely open the door, unless it was opened and someone was behind me then I'll hold it. I wanted to get a saree when I was in uni, because it's so darn pretty!!! But it's so expensive and I don't wear it often... =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty!! The nice ones are really exp! at least rm400 and just for cloth T_T not even the workmanship price! Mine was the cheap version. rm100+ for cloth and around another rm100 for the workmanship. Bought cause needed to wear for a friend's wedding. Don't know when gonna wear again...haha :(

      Delete