Saturday, February 6, 2016

Tea Press Japanese Roasters @ Uptown

Heavier after pangsai than after dinner yesterday. #whatnonsenseisthis 


Went around uptown and this was the only few opened. Good for me cause I wanted to try this place! (Am more of a tea person)

Tea Press Japanese Roasters @ uptown!

Specializing in tea and they do serve a lil bit of food / sweets. The more authentic kind to go with the tea!๐Ÿต

The moment I saw the writing..I know at least someone inside or something is Japanese ๐Ÿ˜‚

Japanese writing is very distinctive!
Gahhhh. Such cute packaging! ๐Ÿ˜

Like a lil gem box!
Maybe will buy it after cny, cny too much cookies & stuff. Hahaha won't appreciate. #toomuchofsomethingisnothatgood
They also sell tea in these cute daruma canisters! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Not sure if they just sell the canister without the tea. Cause you can just buy and put sweets and what nots inside. Hahaha yes, I'm a sucker for packaging.
Anyway, impromptu tea time (LOL yea, tea time alright) with ah pek!

That's chicken onigiri & ochazuke!

Ever since the jap restaurant at 1U closed down. Have not been eating ochazuke (can't remember the shop's name now)

So happy to see this here!
Chazuke (่Œถๆผฌใ‘, ใกใ‚ƒใฅใ‘) or ochazuke (ใŠ่Œถๆผฌใ‘, from o + cha tea + tsuke submerge) is a simple Japanese dish made by pouring green tea, dashi or hot water over cooked rice,roughly in the same proportion as milk over cereal, usually with savoury toppings.

As from Wikipedia ๐Ÿ˜‚

And usually pickles and nori as toppings! ๐Ÿ˜ if I knew this during my student days, I would have eaten less maggi since this is obviously healthier but just as easy. (I mean don't need high standard for own consumption)
I prefer this over the closed down jap shop at 1U cause mainly cause this felt more subtle and pleasant ๐Ÿ˜‚

Is there such explanation for food?

The one at 1U was more of soup stock and salmon. (Now that I think of it, it's like rice with chinese soup hahaha)

This was..well, felt like the stock was just tea and the fish was seasoned saltily. So once you break the fish up into the bowl and mix it. The taste is just right? ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm definitely not a food blogger.
But yea, pleasant for me!

For desserts (LOL must try la since it's not the usuals) warabimochi bracken starch jelly covered with sweet soybean flour, RM7 and ohagi (basically rice balls but sweet version) RM4.
Hmmm...molasses maybe?
Ah pek liked this a lot ๐Ÿ˜

It's like in the middle of jelly and konnyaku. Plus the sauce helps a lot to make it yummy!
Ohagi with red bean inside covered with black sesame (they have peanut or red bean too! But I love sesame so...)

Hahaha didn't even realized it's actually rice ๐Ÿ˜‚ till halfway, I was staring at it and i exclaimed loudly.

Like sweet kuih, jap version!

#bulateats

No comments:

Post a Comment