Sunday, March 20, 2016

Fashion Illustration Workshop, The Craft Crowd

Brunch at feeka! 😊

First time here! By accident haha
Stumbled upon it as we were looking for food nearby.

Saw lepaq lepaq but the kiam me refused to pay rm10 (rm5 if U spend more than rm15) for parking.

So yea. Here we are!

Not bad wor!!! ☺️

Rm22 for big breakfast which I think is better than plan b's! Realized this is cheaper than my 2 scoops of Haagen last week hahaha πŸ˜‚

Anyway, soup was good too! Potato I think.
But overall maybe everything was a lil too salty (maybe alright if U have a cuppa but I didn't order any drink so after everything, was a lil salty. Then again, soup esp after its cold, is always saltier kan? hmmm)
Here for a fashion illustration class by the craft crowd! 😊

Quite happy to see them holding classes for quite a reasonable rate of rm180 with food & utensils! Classes are around 3 hours or so!

Every Sunday there's a class & classes change every month! I think they rotate & will bring back certain classes, so if you miss this week's (let's say brush lettering) just wait for it to appear in their list again! 😊

#tccworkshops
#bulatgoestoworkshops
My seat😊

Erm..what luck sitting next to 2 japanese Haha #thejapistronginme?

Anyway, was pleased to see that not only utensils such as paper (thick paper, not measly a4s), watercolour colour pencils (looked like old stock but okay, it's brand new as in never used before), 0.7 mechanic pencil, eraser and leads!

Not bad isn't it!

Plus stuffs like a tote bag, a silkscreened cover notebook (designed by the instructor today) and a small shibori tie dye cloth! 😊

Very thoughtful!
Next month's workshops!

If any of you guys are interested, can sign up!

I think the brush lettering one is very laku plus the instructor is an angmo 😁 flown in from overseas if I stalked correctly.

Rm180 is very reasonable for brush lettering! #believeme

I'm staring at the pottery class! Haha not sure if I Wanna go. Something I wanted to play with for a while but just didn't cause the workshops I found usually are far / too much commitment.

Shibori looks interesting too! πŸ˜„

#diela
Here the pottery class samples! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Mauuuuu.
Also stalked the instructor and realized that it was one of the guys that I have seen long time ago at some art flea market.

Quite happy cause I remembered his work was nice and I even bought a bowl made by one of his students! 😊

Lemme see see and see who Wanna go also πŸ˜‚ I should really be channeling my energy for my wedding and not pottery. Gah!
The person (also angmo) behind organizing the workshops is a woman named Alina.

She's a super sweet and nice person 😊

And she herself holds classes to make prints like these! Not sure what is the technique called....But I think I know how to make.

Vaguely remembered doing it in primary school...Lemme see if I can google it out πŸ˜‚

Good for crafters I guess?
Can make prints and make them into cards, wrappers, backgrounds Fr TN etc.

+ a pretty paper can be made into anything! 😁
Okay. Stole off FB πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
This is Alina!

That's the free cheesecake πŸ˜‹
Everyone must have been really hungry cause when she asked if we want it while we are drawing or after class.

Everyone answered "now!" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
The drawing done by the japanese on my right! Sayaka san😊

Anyway the class is mainly Erm...drawing fashion from a real life model. So like life sketch fashion illustration?

So we learned basics like a human's height is around 9 heads (or sometimes 11 for fashion illustration. Exaggerate ma)

Then you mark the points like hips, shoulders etc.

It's sometimes more of overall than detail (depending)

Look at the model more than focusing on your paper (this one is a bit hard)
I guess in general, you can't expect miracles in a 3 hour class but it's enough to let you have a feel of it.

Esp if you are a beginner.

Not soooo much for me cause I was expecting more in depth (actually I was hoping to learn much much more, but then again I learned that sometimes in the end of the day, you just need to practice practice practice. Draw till the death of you!)
Or I just need to go for proper classes, like semesters and terms. Not short classes like these πŸ˜…
Another piece by Sayaka sanπŸ˜„

Didn't really go around to see what others drew (hahaha Abit paiseh la plus didn't seem to be able to click with anyone on a personal level 😣 so was quite quiet throughout)

(Also, felt damn underdressed for a fashion class πŸ˜‚ 99% came in clothes fit for an #ootd shot. I came like I was ready to draw my hands off aka shorts n slippers Hahahahaha i thought we are Gonna be using an easel!)
Anyway, I love sayaka's drawing! 😊
It looked quite a bit like some illust I would see in a jap magazine!

It's like very raw? Hahaha and I thought she had her own style?

Cause I don't think it's duplicatable? (Is there such word HahahahπŸ˜‚)

Total we drew 3 drawings and hers seem to improve with every drawing! Quite amazing really.
Plus her proportions damn accurate 😳 for a beginner.

So ah...anyone can draw okay?! 😁πŸ’ͺ
Now let you show U the work of the girl who was sitting on my left 😁

Haha sitting between two amazing works! Love my seat.

Her work is a perfect example of "good, better, best" 😳 when U look at her 3 drawings together, U can actually see the obvious improvement.

Not bit by bit one. It's like a steep curve!

This was the 2nd drawing! Should have taken the first! 😌 maybe if it comes out on FB, will show U guys!

Not bad right this piece!?


Then U see her 3rd pc πŸ˜³πŸ˜±πŸ˜‚

Like from Cleo mag or something Hahaha showed ah pek and he got a shock πŸ˜‚ so much diff from the 2nd pc.

I guess some people just have it in them. But she did mentioned that she has done live drawing before.

And I can see from how she gets the proportions and angles. Very proper way of doing. Drawing cylinders 😳

Plus she's serious in finding a job in fashion illust. Overheard her asking the girl in front of her cause that girl is a freelance designer πŸ˜‚ #kepome
Her somewhat finished pc.

Anyway, the model must have been tired. Standing so long in that pose. 😳

And the clothes are actually not bad. By a local designer, www.casseygan.com. Prolly some of you might like it.

Prolly the onllllllyyyy downside for the whole class (can't say much about the module cause I guess for a beginner is okay. My fault, should have asked the instructor more questions instead of just drawing) is that the food was gone pretty fast πŸ˜‚
I was slow in packing and going to the loo, by the time I got to the buffet table there were only fruits and fries left, didn't see any of the pizza or mains. πŸ˜‚

So I guess next time I better be quick unless I don't bother about it and have my own food outside beforehand!

Well, I guess this also means that the food is good? πŸ˜‚

Anyway, worth a join if anyone of you are interested in fashion illustration! 😊
Heheh managed to steal from their FB!

This was her frst drawing! So you just scroll to see her insane steep improvement 😳

Definitely got talent la this one.
The instructor's work btw πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Stolen off her Insta!

Diff level altogether!
#heavenandearth

Well, awesome works just makes me wanna draw more! 😁

Oh yea...really have to work on my proportions πŸ˜’been drawing chibi cartoon too long. Everything feels like a manga when I draw Gah!
The beautiful instructor for the day!

Becky!

You can follow her beautiful work at instagram!
@becky_.n
The model for the day.

Quite like her look 😊

And she really ..can lo. Haha i confirm won't be able to stand so long up there while a good 20 pairs of eyes staring at me.

Plus changing 4 outfits.
If not wrong, this one belongs to the girl sitting diagonally from me.
(If not wrong la...)

Got own style also right? 😊

The woman sitting across me actually wasn't too bad too. But I think she's more of a realism?

Like a detailed and neat kind of person. With 3 hours is hard cause there isn't enough time, so hers looked unfinished but the parts that were finished I thought were very well done.

Like Erm..very careful hahaha need patience ok if you want to be very detailed. Not many can.
I remembered they pass this around the class too!

To show as example.

Quite nice also 😊
Got ah... "Gaya" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Some of the above photos stolen off their FB! Mainly the unedited ones are the stolen ones. Didn't edit the photos ..cause not mine maπŸ˜…

So credits back to them!

I just cropped them to fit the square format here.

Early Makan!

Ah pek brought me for wan tan mee! 😊 which tasted pretty awesome cause the mee is the fine kind that I like!

And the shop is manned by old people 😭

Must pong chan!!! Hahaha I realized most of my friends are the same. We always choose stalls that are manned by old people and will be extra patient with them πŸ˜‚

Don't know Isit cause see old people, confirm nice (stereotyping) or cause so old liao! Kelian! Still working! Must pong chan! πŸ˜‚

(Pong chan= give business)
My drug is here! 😭😭😭

Hahahaha even if I just get to see her for 1 min, it's good enough. She doesn't have to layan me πŸ˜‚ #crazyaunt

She.now.likes.hello.kitty! 😱
#byebyefrozen

Her mom's greatest nightmare haha ah pek's sister is not a big fan of hello kitty πŸ˜… and so many times I have to hold myself back from buying hello kitty stuff for his niece since you know, I love Sanrio in general 😁

I guess the child is king and muahahahaha' may the shopping begin! πŸ˜‚
@acloudyday ☺️ you are so kind! Haha thank you! These are mine!

Not super fantastic but I will cont trying πŸ’ͺ and looks a lil manga-ish πŸ˜‚

Frst sketch on the left was a warm up they asked us to do, to sketch by just looking at the model, do not look down on your paper ...and draw in just one continuous line. πŸ˜…

Hahaha very got feel la actually cause crooked lines like those, definitely original. But also look like hantu la the whole drawing πŸ˜‚
The final piece that everyone had to do.

Though the clothes were nice, I got tired of using black and so I switched around with the colours πŸ˜… we were told to be free in doing whatever we wanted.

Though technically drawing black stuff is one of the best way to train your eyes, I think.

Proportion is a lilllll out on the right side πŸ˜› and I need to research more on cloth textures and folds! So much to goπŸ™ŠπŸ™‰πŸ™ˆ

#bulatdays
I always find it funny that the more I love fashion in general ....the more slack I am in my own dressing up #damnfail

No comments:

Post a Comment