Sunday, May 8, 2016

Marbled Paper & Paper Flowers @ The Craft Crowd

Starting my day with ba zhang!! πŸ˜‹

Long day ahead so I need all the fats I can get hhahaha
😭 so yummy!!

No one in my family makes salty ba Zhang! So have to resort to buying from friend's mom.

Or hoping will get from other people Hahahaha

My grandma makes ba zhang but Nyonya one. The sweet one? With the blue colour rice?

That's nice too but ..yea, I want my salty ba zhang πŸ˜…

And it's so hard to wrap ba zhang!
Any of U tried befre? My grandma asked my mom and me to leave her kitchen cause we were destroying more than helpingπŸ˜‚

We are best at just eating la!
Workshop day today! πŸ™Œ

It's in conjunction with Mother's Day cause we will be making paper flowers!

#tccworkshops

Damn pretty right?!?!😍

The instructor today will be evermore flowers. They are I think, the only one in Msia supplying paper flowers for events (wedding, parties etc)

Asked them before for a quotation on their paper flower rental just in case I need them for my wedding photo booth backdrop.

Erm..it will come up to quite a sum if I want a lot 😣

So when I saw there was a workshop...thought I will just go and learn la πŸ˜‚

Even if I don't use it, it's an extra skill.

They also make crepe flowers! As you can see! The rose one was incredibly pretty! 😍

Actually I am sure if you are hardworking and google online, there should be tutorials.

But I'm the kind that prefers to have a person to instruct πŸ˜‚ not independent plus if it's self learn, I might drag and drag and never learn in the end.
Every workshop usually come with some freebie!

Today are these!

Oh yea, there's also a marbled paper workshop together with the paper flower.

So today is kinda like a 2in1 workshop.

A bit worried cause crafting is not my forte πŸ˜…

I like doing crafts but I just don't have the skill for it. My work will always be a bit rough, not delicate and definitely not very neat πŸ˜‚

But okay! I will try my best today!πŸ’ͺ

(Gah, horrible photos cause I had to zoom from afar😞)

Started off with marbled paper!

That's Alina, the founder of #tccworkshops

Pour some colours into the water....

Put paper and you have ...marbled paper ✨

Hahahah everyone was like, "woah! Magic!" πŸ˜‚

I seriously seriously remember doing this in primary school, just can't remember what are the exact materials cause it's definitely different from what we used today.

Today's materials are not super cheap in general. Not sure if it's worth to buy unless you want to make a big batch of marbled paper for an event or as a wrapping paper etc.
To just do for fun...?
Don't think so...

πŸ˜› but I realized the stuffs I can actually get from dad's kilang.
Such pretty pretty mess!

πŸ˜‚ this thing tests your colour sense and your timing.

Sometimes luck as well. Cause you kinda never know what you will get. Since it looks nice on the water, doesn't mean it will look nice on the paper.

Though it's really quite therapeutic, all you have to do is mix and swirl them. And hopefully some magic will appear πŸ˜‚
My marbled papers πŸ˜‚

So different!

I guess the strength about doing this is that you can never get the same artwork twice. So it means every pc is truly unique.

Also, works better with darker colors. If not it will be quite flat like my pink one.

Of course.. It's personal preference.

It either looks nice or ...looks like some disease looking thing under the microscope πŸ˜‚

I still think it looks like it will make good cards, origami or wrapping papers!!
The mess πŸ˜…

So many pretty pretty roses! 😍

There's 2 tables and I don't know why. The table I was sitting at were all standing. The other table were doing their work while sitting down like elegant people.

Mine was like hooligans πŸ˜‚
I always somehow end up at the noisier side.

I don't know how many times my fingers are burnt (not burnt burnt. But it hurts) from the hot gun. 😒

I must have sounded like a 小姐(weak woman? Haha) every time I made a lil sound when I burnt myself 😡
Erm..doesn't very rose la mine haha #macamyestapibukan

oh goodness, today I really found out how bad I am at crafting. πŸ˜…

And how confused and lost I was, it was going at what seems like fast fwd speed for me.

And I had to constantly check with my neighbor to see what's the next step πŸ˜…

I think i must have annoyed the hell out of her although she was patient most of the time. (most ah. Cause at one time, can feel she cannot tahan LiaoπŸ˜…)
It wasn't super difficult once u get the hang of it. But unfortunately, I never really got the hang of it πŸ˜…

I don't get how mine doesn't look as "rose" as the rest. How my petals look closed instead of open.

Like a late bloomer rose πŸ˜‚

Frustrated yet at a loss plus rushing #sigh

Though the instructor said many times that as long overall it looks okay.

But I guess the perfectionist (This annoying habit of mine that I have but sometimes can't achieve) in me just can't let it go.
By the time we moved on to this, it was super rushing cause we are behind schedule 😡

Which makes things worse for me hahaha cause now have to speed up with my confusion.

It's honestly just layering the petals! Not sure why I can't seem to grasp it! Ugh* am gonna check ALL the tutorials online!

And stare at REAL petals for a while! 😀
The whole mess again πŸ˜‚

I prefer doing the crepe ones! Although it was more work.

Not sure it was more work cause of the amount of petals needed for a peony but thankfully cause it's small, it was easier to control at the very least.

The purple one unfortunately are the demo sets hahahauaha the sad looking peach colour one is mine.

Again looking....half bloomed πŸ˜’
#latebloomeragain
Why are my flowers half way through puberty kind?!?!
See my neighbour's!

Damn nice her peony 😳

Some people just have the skill. They did it so fast and they made it look so easy.

I struggled so much! πŸ’ͺ but ok, means got room for improvement.

Now I feel like buying the crepe flower book I saw the last time! It looked damn pretty, but I didn't buy it cause I worry I will never be able to understand and it will just collect dust.

Now erm, I have a reason to buyπŸ˜‚

Okok. I check free tutorials online first!

#bulatgoestoworkshops

😍😍😍

That's all for today from #tccworkshops
#notanad (I also realized I seem to have trouble making friends during this and the last workshop😳😭)

No comments:

Post a Comment