Saturday, July 23, 2016

Stabilo x VenieTee fashion illustration workshop

Today's all happy cause I'm here for another workshop! πŸ˜‚
#bulatgoestoworkshops

As usual...I'm in my slippers cause I'm lazy (and a sloth) hahaha

And then when slowly, the participants (guests?? People?) start trickling in (ah pek always drops me off sibeh early. It's his nature haha) with their ootds. (Heck, even the guys are in nice ootds haha)

Then I regret and start pep talking to myself to at least wear my flats next time.

Though, after so many workshops...I can safely say it's a vicious cycle and I nvr learn πŸ˜‚

So ok la. New rule for me.
Eff this πŸ˜‚ life's too short to care about this.
Stabilo is starting to have collaborations with artists (I guess that would be the term?) to hold workshops!

Today's the first one and it is fashion illustration with venietee (you can search for her in Insta)

So of course, those are Stabilo stuffs and her works!

Super happy Stabilo invited me to join them for this session ☺️ so kind of them! #blessed

Next month's one will be brush lettering with ronnycakes! (Insta name)

Don't say I didn't share hor! 😁 #sharingiscaring
#stabilomy
The freebies!

So competitive workshops nowadays. Must provide the tools + food and everything must be insta worthy πŸ˜‚

Anyway, notes (human figure sketches drawn by venie herself) and colour pencils and the likes!

Forgot to take photo of the food πŸ˜‚
But Whupwhup in general is okay. We had sandwiches and tarts. The apple cinnamon tart was yummy! πŸ˜‹
Isn't this cute? πŸ˜‚
Super love it!

Would buy this if its for sale (print la, haha can't imagine how much it would be going for if it is original)
Close ups! πŸ™Œ

Seriously for a person that likes to see fashion & draw fashion, I don't dress up at all. I mean look at me and my slippers πŸ˜‚

I have quite a number of dresses bought like a few years back and they have never seen the light cause I'm lazy to dress up.

But I don't wanna give them away! I bought them cause I love it!

How la u tell me.
So as you can see form the notes, those are croquis drawings.

Croquis drawing is quick and sketchy drawing of a live model. Croquis drawings are usually made in a few minutes, after which the model changes pose or leaves and another croquis is drawn.

As told by wiki πŸ˜‚

So our job today was just to draw fashion on it! Didn't even have to draw the body πŸ˜‚ not like the last workshop I went to.

So it really depends what u wanna learn / looking fwd to.
This is venie herself!

Erm, hahaha I seriously thought she's super young (I mean she looks young to me la)

Until she gave a short introduction about herself with the sentence "I was a fashion designer and have been in the industry for 10 years."

😳 oh.
Okay. She's not that young then hahaha

And hoho! Beatrice looi was there too! Came to support her 😁 she said Beatrice was her mentor which she shook it off saying "no! I'm student today!"

Surprisingly loud, funny and kind πŸ˜‚ something lidat
So she demonstrated first and then we all proceeded our own. She will go around to help / teach.

Or if you have any questions at all, you can ask her! πŸ™Œ

This is her showing how live drawing is being done. Fast and sketchy. Just to get the overall gist of it. Cause the model will change fast.

I have a short video of it on my snapchat if you wanna kepo 😁
Showing how to use Stabilo markers which can be added with water for Watercolour effect.

Cause u know...they are not waterproof 😜 hahaha

Last time always wanna find waterproof pen, now that one can see the benefit of a non waterproof pen. The tables turn πŸ˜‚

Really a case of, "look at the positive side of things."
Took a photo of the guy's work next to me. The first one is his work (he's a freelance designer)

The other two are the demo drawings by venie.

The sketchy one in the middle as I said & the last one is a demo on how u draw ...chiffon if I remember correctly.
One of the participant's artwork 😳

Most of them have either art background (like interior design/designer) and a few are actually fashion students.

So everyone's work today was a lilllll bit insane hahahah like hello, even Beatrice looi was there. I regretted not taking a photo of her work 😐

But I love it! 😍
I can walk around to see what / how the fashion is being drawn. Everyone has their own style and it's really quite interesting!

I think u will see them on stabilomy (insta) soon😊
Mine πŸ˜‚

It was really quite fun just drawing fashion (at least I don't have to think of proportions!) and erm...therapeuticπŸ™ˆ

There's actually quite a bit to think about like structure, material, colour, focus etcetc.

But if you are just drawing for fun. Then it's fun lo πŸ˜‚ I guess esp if you like fashion in general. It's really fun to see pretty clothes and drawing them out. Interpreting it in your own way.

Love it ☺️
I also realized I like normal clothes with something diff / small details πŸ˜‚
Some of the fashion we could pick and draw!

Erm, these were left on the table when everyone was almost gone. So I kiasuly took everything πŸ˜‚

Can resume drawing when I feel stress πŸ™Œ forgot who's the designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment